Monday, August 17, 2009

Some helpful teaching from J.B.Nicholson

I wanted to share this link from the Southeast Workers Conference this past March. Jabe goes into much detail trying to see how the early church worked, and the Biblical example of discipleship that led them, as our brother would say "to take people from raw pagans to functioning elders in the local church in 3 years" Are we so active in discipleship and personal growth so as to bring people along to serve the Lord in this way?

I would encourage you to listen to all the teachings from this conference, first by Jabe Nicholson, and the others are great too. Jabe's teachings and example in his life have been part of how I got started on this journey of "one anothering" along with my friend Justin's constant prodding. Justin and I work well together, and I love sitting around with him searching the Bible and talking about how to put it into practice. We all should have accountability partners with such desire for the Lord.

You can listen to the audio here

I hope this resource is of help and encouragement. If anyone has more links or teaching to consider, I would love to check it out. This is a group effort, all of us working and the Holy Spirit giving us the discernment, strength, and love for one another to properly fulfill our duties in the body of Christ.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment